Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Adding a printer to Windows 10
1. Adding through printer directory
- Firstly, find the name of the printer you want to add – it should be labelled by a white sticker on the device. in the format of xxPR01 If you are not sure about the name, ask a colleague.
- Click on the Start Menu, and type "Control Panel" to search for it, and then click on the result. In Control Panel click on 'View Devices and Printers'
- Click on 'Add a Printer' near the top of the window.
- A list of printers should appear, it may take a moment.
- Select the printer you want to add and click Next.
2. Adding manually (if not in directory)
- If you can't find the printer on the list or the list was blank, click on the 'The printer that I want isn't listed' button.
- Select the radio button labelled 'Select a shared printer by name'
- Enter the CSCS print server name followed by the name of the printer, printers matching what you type will appear and you can select the correct one like in the screenshot below
- Printer server name: \\me-print\
- Click the Next button. The printer driver software will then be installed.
- Click the Next button again.
- If you want this to be your default printer, make sure that the 'Set as the default printer' checkbox is checked.
- Print a test page and then click Finish.
- If your printer has a user code or secure code that you need to input follow these instructions Print Tracking and Printer Secure Codes