This guide will tell you how to configure your mobile device to connect to CSCS's email servers.
If you use the Exchange Online email system then you should follow the settings on the UIS website: https://help.uis.cam.ac.uk/service/email/exchange-online
- A mobile device running Android, iOS or Windows Mobile
- A CSCS user account providing an @medschl.cam.ac.uk email address)
- Internet connection - WI-FI is recommended for first time configuration
It is possible you are using an @cam.ac.uk email address with your @medschl but you should use the latter to configure the account.
- Go to Settings (usually the quickest way is to swipe down on your Android device and tap the cog symbol) NB The settings will vary according to the software/manufacturer version
- Select Email
- Click the + to add a new account
- Fill in your email address and password:
Click Manual Setup
If it asks what type of account, choose Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
Enter the appropriate details:Medschl settings
- Email Address - your @medschl email address in full
- Domain - mints
- username - your CRSID
- Password - departmental PC logon password
- Exchange Server - webmail.medschl.cam.ac.uk
- Tick the box "Use Secure Connection (SSL):
- click next
- In the App list, tap Settings and then tap Email + Accounts
- Then tap Add and Account
- Then tap Exchange
- If you are using a older Windows phone this option will be called Outlook
- Enter your email address and password (this is the same password as you would use for webmail) and then tap sign in. If the phone finds your account settings, your email, calendar, and contacts will be synched to your phone
- in your iOS device select the Settings App.
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars then tap the Exchange option:
- Settings for exchange will now appear. Use your Medschl Email Address, Password, Description then click next.
- You will be asked to enter a few more details:
- The final step is to select what you would like to access on your iOS device the options are :
- Select the options you would like you use and tap Save.
- Your exchange account should be setup on your iOS device
If an incorrect password has been entered too many times, your account may be locked. If this is the case, try again later in the day and check what you enter is correct (click show password).
Although an @cam.ac.uk email address is usually associated with the central Exchange Online email system, it can be configured to point to any University mailbox. So, you could be using it with your Medschl mailbox. The easiest way to check is to try logging in via Webmail , including https://webmail.medschl.cam.ac.uk