- Click the Start Menu and type cmd in the Search Programs and Files box:
- In the window that appears type getmac -v and press Enter:
- In the text that is displayed look for the section starting with Local Area Conn (the red arrow below points to it. In the Physical Address column you can find the MAC address for the wired Ethernet connection (the green arrow points to the MAC address).
- Go to System Preferences and click on Network:
- On the left hand side of the screen select Ethernet and click the Advanced button in the bottom right:
- Click the Hardware tab on the right and the MAC address should be listed just below: