This page provides instructions on how to map your Group Drive from a Remotely Managed Device.
You must have the correct path for your Group Drive, a list of all drives is located here: https://cscs.medschl.cam.ac.uk/user-services/group-drive/mapping-a-drive-to-a-group-or-home-drive/ (you will need to log in with your RAVEN password).
You need to have the VPN client installed on your device (this is installed & configured by default on all Remotely Managed Devices)
Connecting the first time
When connecting to the Group Drive the first time, you must configure the connection:
- Connect to the VPN
- Find the correct path for the Group Drive you need to access - see this page for a list of all group drives.
- Open Explorer and go to "My Computer"
- Click on "Map network drive" at the top of the window
- If you do not see it at the top, click on the "Computer" tab to show the hidden items
- Change the "Drive letter" to V, and paste the path to the group-drive
- Ensure "Reconnect at sign-in" is ticked (by default it is)
- Click "Finish", and after a few seconds the window will disappear and the Group Drive will open.
Please see this short video for an example:
Reconnecting to a group drive
When signing in to your PC again you will receive an error saying "Could not reconnect all network drives", and if you were to go to My Computer you would see the drives have a red X beside them:
This is because the VPN is not connected during logon.
To reconnect to the network drives you simply need to connect to the VPN, and then click on the network drive:
Are you on the internet? Without an internet connection, you won't be able to access your drives.
- You will have troubles attempting to connect to network drives over a slower connection, i.e. over 3G or on public transport.
Check your VPN connection is running and connected.
Disconnect and reconnect the VPN, then, wait a few minutes before attempting to connect to your drives again.
If you still can't connect, restart your computer.
If the problem still persists, please get in touch with us - https://itsupport.medschl.cam.ac.uk or call: 01223 336261