In October 2021 the hardware that held the SLCU home drive data was retired and the data moved to a different piece of hardware. The move should be seamless for supported Windows computers but unsupported/off-site BYOD Windows and Mac devices will need to manually remap the path to the drive.
Below are the how to guides for mounting new SLCU home drive path on unsupported Windows and Mac computers.
Unsupported/off-site Windows devices
- If you have the old path mapped, please unmap/disconnect it first
- Go to File Explorer and find the home drive in the list under This PC
- Right click on the drive and select disconnect
2. In File Explorer click Map network drive in the tool bar.
3. A pop-up window will appear
- Choose the Drive letter you want to use.
- In the Folder field type in the path \\slcu.cam.ac.uk\home\SL_Home or \\slcu.cam.ac.uk\home
- Tick Reconnect at sign-in and Connect using different credentials.
- Click the Finish button afterwards.
4. A Windows Security box will come up. In the first field enter username as domain name\username (e.g. slcu.cam.ac.uk\cscs.test4). The second box below it is for your SLCU login password. Tick on Remember my credentials and click OK
5. At this stage the home drive should appear in File Explorer (example test home drive shown below)
6. If you go to File Explorer-This Computer, you will see is as one of the drives in the Network Locations
Mac user guide to mapping into new Home Drive path
- Launch Finder and click on Go menu then click Connect to Server as shown below
2. Type in the path smb://slcu.cam.ac.uk/home/SL_Home and then click Connect
3. A pop-up window will appear, fill it out with your username and login password, tick Remember this Password in my keychain and click Connect
4. After that you should see your home drive appear and is mapped to your device