This guide shows you how to create a new Outlook profile for managing your new Exchange Online account in Microsoft Outlook 2019.
Creating a new Outlook profile can help in resolving certain errors that may occur once your mailbox has been migrated by CSCS & UIS.
Please ensure you are running either Outlook 2016 or Outlook 2019 before attempting this process (for Outlook 2016, the steps are near-identical).
If your version of Outlook is older, please follow our guide for upgrading it before attempting these steps.
These instructions are aimed at Windows users. Any Mac users who require further assistance are invited to contact CSCS Service Desk for help with upgrading.
A webmail interface exists here: http://outlook.office.com, does not require Outlook to be installed or updated, and can be used as a fallback option to access your mail if you are having issues with Outlook.
- Outlook 2016 or Outlook 2019
- A UIS Raven account
Instructions: creating a new Outlook profile in Windows
Existing SLCU Users
Please wait until you have been informed that your SLCU mailbox has been migrated by CSCS & UIS, before attempting this process, otherwise it may fail
- Ensure Outlook is closed.
- Click on the Windows Start Button (at the botton left of your screen) to open the Start Menu. With the Start Menu open, type outlook.exe /manageprofiles (note the space before the slash!) and hit the Enter key.
If you receive an error like the image below please instead type outlook.exe /profiles and press enter, which should take you straight to step 6 below.
- If a User Account Control prompt appears, click Yes:
- The Mail Setup dialog box should appear. Click Show Profiles...
- Another dialog box called Mail should appear. Click Add...
- Choose a new name for your new profile and click OK.
- The Add Account wizard will now appear. Type in:
- your email address (in the format: CRSid@cam.ac.uk)
- your Raven password
- click Next, then Finish
- Back at the Mail dialog, click Always use this profile, select your new profile from the drop-down menu, and click OK.
- Go back to the Start Menu and open Outlook. Your new profile is now loaded and your Exchange Online account is now added in the left sidebar (NB: This will show up as firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Wait for your mailbox folders to sync. Outlook is now set up, and you can begin adding customisations to your new profile (such as your email signature).