Domains Supported: Medschl Platforms Supported: Windows, Mac OSX, Linux
Our Web SFTP service is ideal for accessing files saved on a CSCS network drive when off-site, and can be done from any computer without the need for an SFTP client - it all happens in your browser.
It also has some additional features, such as allowing you to share files directly to collaborators by generating a weblink (like dropbox allows you to do). You can also change your MINTS domain password.
- Internet Connection
- CSCS user account on the medschl domain
Accessing Web SFTP
- Browse to https://sftp.medschl.cam.ac.uk
- Enter your username and password (the credentials you use to log onto departmental computers, (If you are based on more than one of our domains please specify it by typing in BIOSCI/ or MINTS/ or SLCU/ before your username))
- Once you have logged in, you will open up the File Manager page. On this page you will see all of the network drives to which you have access. Normally this will be your personal Home Drive and your Group Drive
- You can browse your drives as you would Windows.
Downloading a File
- Navigate to the file you want
- Click on the button
- A window will open with more information about your file
- To download the file to the computer you are using, click the Download button
- Please note that this is only a copy of the file. If you edit it, you will need to upload it back to the folder. See the Uploading a file section of this document.
Uploading a File
If you have edited a file, or have a new file you want to put on your network drive, follow these steps:
- Scroll to the bottom of the main File Manager window and click on the Add Files button
- A File Upload window will appear and you can navigate to the file you want. Click to select a single file, to select mutiple files hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and click on all the files you want
- Click the Open button
- The files you have selected will show up in a list at the bottom of the page
- When you are ready to upload the files, click the Start button beside each file you are uploading to finish the upload process