- Select the appropriate Calendar in Outlook
- for recurring meetings, consider booking from a role based calendar so that the booking survives any staffing changes
- Select New Meeting on ribbon bar (Calendar icon with a blue person and green person in front)
- Type in the title of the meeting in the Subject Line
- Click on the Scheduling Assistant button in the Ribbon (circled in yellow below in screenshot 1)
- If known, enter number of attendees in the large text box (please see screenshot 2)
- Select your date and time by selecting the appropriate field in Start Time / End time
- On the right hand side of the meeting window you should see "Room Finder" area (see the area circled in red below)
- Click on the drop down menu under "Show a room list"
- Select type of room, in most instances this will "Clinical School - Meeting Rooms"
- Please see link or website for room details AV table for Clinical School and Clinical School Room Booking Website
- Available rooms will be shown in the "Choose an available room section"
- Double click on preferred room
- The room you have selected should now appear in the Location Field in your invite
- If you want to double check the room you have selected is available, click on the Scheduling Assistant icon (Screen shot 1)
- Click send
- If Depending on the room you have requested is Auto, you will receive an email confirming your booking within minutes . If the room you have selected is "Manual" you will received an email accepting your request and then a later email or a tentative acceptance email. Following the tentative email, you will then receive an email confirming or declining your request (within 24hours)
- Once you have received confirmation, please create and send Meeting Invitation to your attendees and manually enter the Location
- You will have 2 side by side meetings in your calendar (1 for the room only and 1 for the attendees) and the attendees will only have the 1 invite you sent them. Side by side sessions in a calendar may appear as a conflict, in this instance, this conflict can be ignored, because you're conflicting with your own meeting.
METHOD 2 - If you would like to book a room from within your meeting invite: