Windows 10 Home does not support management by Intune. In order for a device to be managed by Intune it must be running Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Enterprise.
If it is running Windows 10 Pro we will upgrade it to use our Enterprise Key Management Server key as part of the Intune service.
If your device is running Windows 10 Home, it can be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro using the command below. Please note: Once the device has been upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, we cannot return it to Windows 10 Home - we can only return it to Windows 10 Pro. As a result you may receive a message stating your Windows is not activated - please see below for information on how to check. If the device does not have a valid license, you must either purchase a Windows 10 Pro license, or re-install Windows yourself using either an image from the device manufacturer, or by downloading a Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft and entering your key manually.
- Open the Start menu and type "About your PC" into the search - run the Settings app that is returned:
- In the window that opens, scroll down and click on "Change your Product Key or Upgrade your edition of Windows".
- You should now see at the top of the window what version of Windows you are using, and if it has a valid license:
- If it says it is not activated, then you must either purchase a Windows 10 Pro license, or re-install Windows yourself using either an image from the device manufacturer, or by downloading a Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft and entering your key manually.
To upgrade your device to Pro from Home:
- Run Command Prompt as an Administrator:
- Enter the following command:
changepk.exe /key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
Press Enter to run the command.
- The PC will immediately reboot and upgrade itself to Windows 10 Pro.