You should have been provided this link because you have a new Windows computer that is configured for a CSCS remote setup. This guide will take you through all the steps to get your computer set up.
Internet connection of at least _____ (link to how to tell what you've got)
Ethernet cable to connect the computer directly to your internet router
If a desktop computer you'll also need a monitor, mouse and keyboard.
Calculate how long this may take based on the internet speed
- Plug computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable. do not use wifi because....
- Power the computer on
- you will be prompted to log in.....
- you will see.... and this step will take whatever amount of time we estimate based on internet speed (hint you may want to let this run overnight)
- during this time the following will happen:
- basic computer set up
- windows setting
- security settings such as
- software installed: office, sophos anti virus, vpn, etc
- move files to OneDrive
- When it is done you'll see....
- what you should do next
- log into One drive
- test OneDrive
- Make sure you can see your data
- map your drives?
- Install missing applications?
Confirming your setup:
What do they need to do to test?
set up outlook
set up printing
set up wifi